Saturday, August 8, 2015

ENGAGED

So I was going to do this earlier but I have been a little busy, planning a wedding. SO I am sure you understand that I have been occupied.

So just rewinding a bit. We decided to get married about 2 weeks before we were getting married. I knew he would propose because he is a romantic man and he loves me and I love romance and mushy gushy stuff.





On Saturday he told me we are going out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday we had plans, my summer party and Friday we were going to the cabin with my ward. I was excited. Monday around 4 I was at work and Melinda yells to me, Britt something is on my desk for you. I go to the desk and there are 15 balloons and they all have papers in them. I had to pop all the balloons to get all the messages. They were the sweetest notes, he had written sweet notes on all of them and one of them said I have a question for you.










Tuesday I was getting my eyelashes done and after I was done I was supposed to meet Chris. Instead I went on a picture scavenger hunt. He sent me a text, go to where we first met. Then go to where I thought the straws were to short- I couldn't remember and he said, we ate a pizza bender. Italian Village. Then I went and met him at the mall- it was fun.








We were there eating at the bar- where we love the waitress'. We all know we have been there before. We ate and then we were going to get cheesecake and I told Chris, lets get it to go. So he said we can get it to go. The out came yellow flowers and cheesecake and on the plate was written I will love you always and forever. I thought yellow flowers for friendship? We are best friends. After we changed into  pants and then got on his motorcycle for a little ride up the canyon. He was kinda pulling my leg a bit like fake being on the phone and we got up the canyon from Herriman and he was just hugged me, kissed me and then we returned down the mountain.

Wednesday he told me he was having challenges getting the ring and how he was just waiting for it. I thought he is either being honest or just trying tease me. I thought he wouldn't lie to me and when he picked me up after work and we held hands and I told him about my day. We got to Bandits and I was excited. We sat in the bar and we took a picture. He told me after we were going to walk in the Murray park where we love to go and that we would be going to a dessert place I had never been to.




















It was half price appetizers and he was like hesitant to sit in the bar but it was the only place you could get half price and we knew we wanted to try the shrimp and nachos with tri tip steak. He said, you sit on that side and I will sit on this side. I wasn't facing the door and he was. Right when our food came he jumped up and went out of the door and I asked him what he was doing. He said, he would be right back. I was hoping he wasn't going to throw up or anything.

Well, My dearest, he came back with roses in a vase. Red roses. I thought oh no ring and then he got down on one knee pointing at the bottom rose and said this is for March when we met, then up one and pointed to another rose, this rose is for April and said something special about that month and on... May, June, July and I honestly can't remember what he said because I was so SHOCKED at what I saw in the bouquet. SO he pointed at the top rose and said to top it off this is for August when I am proposing for you and then pointed to the ring that was wrapped around this pretty metal swirl hanging in air and said will you marry me? as he leaned in for a kiss and I whispered yes!

It was so nice to have the restaurant basically to ourselves as we just enjoyed it.

ENGAGED!

We took some pictures and headed into the sunset. :) I love this man, more then ever and more everyday.

The sunset on Wednesday- happy day!

1 comment: